Intelligence (INT in your 'score') represents your character's mental capacity. Among other things, it affects:
- heavily influences the amount of mana a character gains each level
- affects the amount of mana regenerated or recovered at each tick if a character is resting or sleeping
- the rate at which a character learns a new skill or spell
- the percentage rate at which a character practices a new language
- a player's ability to use scrolls
Intelligence is an important factor in learning between combatants. If a character fights a creature several times, the more intelligent of the two opponents will gain an advantage over time...